Verto Content Watch measures net reach of publishers and properties across all digital devices providing a holistic look across the entire digital ecosystem.
NEW YORK, May 14, 2015 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Verto Analytics, (http://vertoanalytics.com), a pioneer in digital multi-screen media measurement, today announced the launch of Verto Content Watch™. Content Watch is the only service on the market that provides a holistic, in-depth look across the entire digital ecosystem – from publishers and properties to individual apps, sites, advertising and games. The service provides a one-stop shop for digital audience measurement data reporting on online usage across smartphones, PCs, tablets, e-book readers and other digital platforms. Verto’s multi-screen approach benefits all publishers and advertisers, and helps improve media buying decisions by arming marketers with precise data on reach, frequency and engagement of their digital properties. It also helps drive digital advertising by providing net reach metrics with full demographic and device breakdowns.
“We live in a global economy where digital publishers see opportunities in new devices, but suffer from a lack of data that impedes investment decisions. Advertisers have also found it difficult to execute in mobile, particularly in premium digital advertising across new device platforms. Verto Content Watch is a radical new single-source audience measurement solution that provides both scope and depth for their needs,” said Hannu Verkasalo, CEO of Verto Analytics.
Content Watch is based on Verto’s methodology, which utilizes more than 3,000 data points collected per consumer every day across all of their digital devices, and are measured from nearly half a billion devices each month. The service provides a fresh set of data daily. It allows digital publishers and advertisers to access more than 100 metrics that can be filtered across devices, media types (e.g. web vs. apps), content categories, demographics, markets, and behavioral segments. This data is used for making better product development decisions, marketing plans, audience acquisition, and strategy.
Examples of U.S. data cultivated from Verto Content Watch reports in April 2015:
- In terms of the net reach of major publishers, there are currently five publishers in the U.S. who reach more than 200M unique adult consumers monthly across computers, smartphones and tablets: Google (239M), Facebook (228M), Yahoo (212M), Microsoft (205M) and Amazon (200M) – Twitter is approaching this group with 198M monthly users. Rapidly growing mobile audiences are fueling these numbers.
- Looking at mobile specifically, four publishers – Google (158M), Facebook (148M), Amazon (127M) and Yahoo (116M) – have been able to grow their audience to more than 100M users monthly. Apple is the sixth biggest mobile publisher with 87M unique monthly users, lifted by its services and content, and their strong iOS mobile ecosystem.
- There are 33 apps and software packages across computers, smartphones and tablets that reach more than 50M monthly unique users. The companies controlling platforms within that group dominate market share. Of these 33 apps, 45 percent belong to Google (Android), 27 percent belong to Apple (iOS), and 15 percent belong to Microsoft (Windows). Even though there are still far more computers in the U.S. market vs. smartphones, the fact that people use the Web more on computers (vs. apps) makes Microsoft slightly weaker in this ranking vs. the mobile platforms.
- Aside from Google, Apple and Microsoft, there are seven platform-independent app publishers in the top 50 list in the U.S.: Facebook (Facebook app, Facebook Messenger and Instagram), Adobe (Acrobat), Mozilla (Firefox), Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon and Dropbox.
- In terms of time spent, apps are eating the Web, but from the publisher side of things it is a different story. 18 publishers have a web reach of 100M or more monthly users in the U.S., whereas only four publishers have an app reach exceeding that level.
The Content Watch service offers two targeted packages – Engagement and Distribution – which grant access to measurement data via Verto Monitor, an online business intelligence tool. Content Watch provides the information necessary to acquire and monetize target audiences, identify market opportunities, optimize conversions, and understand consumers, competition, and market. The service is currently used by a number of Fortune 500 customers across the publishing, investment, advertising, and technology sectors.
“Yahoo is a mobile first company. Our decision to utilize Verto Content Watch through the collaboration of ARO Taiwan has allowed us to track reach, frequency, engagement and market/behavior trend on mobile devices, providing us with business intelligence into our own total audience and data to use when developing mobile strategies in Taiwan,” said Francis Che, Head Of Insights Strategy & Research, Yahoo APAC.
About Verto Analytics
Verto Analytics is a pioneer in digital multi-screen media measurement. The company provides a complete portfolio of measurement services covering the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, enabling clients like Cisco and EA to access insights through a single-source media measurement methodology. Verto Analytics operates in all major markets with teams in New York, San Francisco and Helsinki. Read our blog and learn more at https://vertoanalytics.com.
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
Photo – http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150513/215781
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Verto Analytics
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org