Senior Software Developer – Backend & Data Platform
Verto Analytics is a leading Finnish growth company that provides a ground-breaking Behavioral Research Platform for market research purposes. The company provides data and software solutions to clients including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Intel, Twitter, Spotify, Netflix and CNN – for consumer insights, competitive intelligence, audience profiling, and media buying/sales. We have a strong presence in the key cities in the US and maintain our global hub for engineering and software development in our downtown Helsinki HQ – Verto Data Labs!
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer for our R&D team with a focus on backend technologies and an interest in Java development.
In this role, you will drive our development of data-driven solutions, build scalable and reliable services and participate in their whole life cycle. Join our developers in building products for our data analysts and clients to revolutionize audience measurement, with solutions providing deep insights into the complex behavior of today’s cross-platform digital consumers. In our teams, you could either focus on software development and architecture, or more on data engineering and data science type of development and research work!
If you don’t check all of the boxes below, do not worry! Our philosophy is to hire smart and teach well; if you have a willingness and passion to learn, with a drive to innovate and create, please send your application our way!
- Working experience with Java on the backend
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Significant experience with SQL and NoSQL databases or large amounts of data
- Good written and spoken English communication skills
- Team player attitude
- Passionate about simple and efficient architecture
Additionally, you could impress us with:
- Knowledge of Scala/Python or other functional programming languages
- Experience with Spark
- Readable, maintainable, high-quality code
- Experience with mobile platforms iOS/Android
- Putting your experience to work, learning from others, mentoring your peers
Does this seem like a good fit?
Be part of our success story and apply today!
The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate has been found. For more information about the position, please contact our VP of Technology Tero Lindberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch benefit
- Healthcare plan
- Laptop / workstation of your choice
- International, open and customer-focused working culture
- A great opportunity to be part of an innovative, highly skilled team of professionals
Here’s why you should join our data team
Verto Analytics is a leading digital media measurement services provider. We cover the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, and enable companies like EA and Cisco to access timely data on multi-screen consumer behavior through our business intelligence and analytics solutions.