Data Analyst / Senior Data Analyst
Verto Analytics is one of the coolest growth companies in Finland. Verto provides a ground-breaking new Behavioral Research Platform in market research, with a unique software product and solutions to clients like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Intel, Twitter, Spotify, Netflix, and many others – for consumer insights, competitive intelligence, audience profiling, and media buying/sales. We have a strong presence in the key cities in the US, and maintain our global hub for analytics and software development in our downtown Helsinki HQ – Verto Data Labs!
We are seeking a Data Analyst or a Senior Data Analyst to join our R&D team, with a focus on interesting opportunities in analyzing Verto’s proprietary data, modeling and building derivatives out of that, and being part of new solutions development for our clients!
As a data analyst, you will work on a broad range of data analytics and software development tasks, varying from exploratory data analysis of high-dimensional temporal data to software and methodology development for data quality assurance, automated monitoring, and data enrichment.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform operational data quality assurance tasks: hands-on role ensuring our internal delivery teams and customers receive high-quality data and insights
- Investigate and solve identified data anomalies: explore high-dimensional temporal data to identify discontinuities and change points
- Maintain and develop the existing analytics platform: create new functionalities, monitoring and alerts on top of our quality assurance and projection methods, tools, and codebase
- Collaborate internally with other analyst and software teams in Finland and North America: assure that we produce the best possible solutions to address customer needs.
- Previous experience in a data analyst or data scientist role
- Good coding skills with Python and relevant libraries, ability to use other languages and interest in learning more
- Some experience with cloud environments
- Advanced relational database skills
- Exploratory data analysis skills: ability to dive into data, search for patterns, do diagnostics and problem solving
- Ability to work in a cross-disciplinary team of highly skilled individuals. We strongly believe in team power.
- Strong math, statistics and quantitative reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Systematic mindset, attention to detail, and the ability to clearly document your work
- M.Sc. / PhD degree in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, economics, physics or mathematics
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
We also appreciate:
- Experience with statistical and quantitative modeling (e.g. regression, classification, clustering) and machine learning
- Familiarity with AWS cloud solutions: (S3, EC2, ECS, EMR)
- Knowledge of different visualization frameworks and BI tools
- Understanding of network communication protocols
Does this seem like a good fit?
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found. For more information about the position, you can contact recruiting manager Antti Riikonen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch benefit
- Healthcare plan
- Laptop / workstation of your choice
- International, open and customer-focused working culture
- A great opportunity to be part of an innovative, highly skilled team of professionals
Here’s why you should join our data team
Verto Analytics is a leading digital media measurement services provider. We cover the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, and enable companies like EA and Cisco to access timely data on multi-screen consumer behavior through our business intelligence and analytics solutions.