CUSTOM ANALYTICS AND DELIVERY OPERATIONS TEAM
Interested in working on customer engagements with the world’s leading Internet, tech and media companies? Verto Analytics is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Custom Analytics and Delivery Operations team in Helsinki, Finland.
Verto collects market research data directly from consumers, by inviting them to participate in research panels. With the consumers’ consent, we collect behavioral data about the use of devices, apps, and websites. We utilize research apps installed to the consumers’ computers and mobile devices, to passively meter their behaviors, and combine that with survey data. The data we collect is very rich, complex, has very high temporal resolution, and has been collected for multiple years already.
As a Data Analyst, your role is to make complex data more consumable, and deliver different kinds of data products to our customers, either directly or in collaboration with our US based analytics team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in customer projects with our Market Insights and Analytics team, working with Fortune 500 companies
- Perform hands-on analysis of our data to create and deliver both standardized and customized data sets and reports
- Specify and develop prototypes, new data products and product features for our analytical platform, together with our analysts and engineers
- Collaborate internally with Market Insights, Methodology, and Product Management teams to assure that we find the best possible solutions to address customer needs in a scalable manner
- Proficient in using data analysis tools like Python / R, SQL, and Excel
- Proficient in independently performing descriptive and inferential statistical analysis
- Exploratory data analysis skills: ability to dive into data, search for patterns, do diagnostics and problem solving
- Ability to work in a team of highly skilled individuals with a variety of backgrounds. We strongly believe in team power.
- Ability to manage work and deliveries in projects with pre-defined schedules and deadlines
- Sc. degree in a quantitative discipline such as engineering, statistics, economics, physics or mathematics
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills, in English
We also appreciate:
- Experience with statistical and quantitative modeling (e.g., regression, classification, clustering) and machine learning
- Familiarity with AWS cloud solutions: (S3, EC2, ECS, EMR)
- Spark, Hadoop, or other NoSQL experience
- Knowledge of different visualization frameworks and BI tools, e.g., Tableau
- Understanding of network communication protocols (esp. HTTP)
- Understanding of the ecosystems and markets for new devices, apps and Internet services
- Experience as a developer / analyst role in a relevant field (e.g., media / market research)
- Experience in building analytic pipelines for large data sets
- Familiarity with CI tools: Docker, automated deployment, orchestration
Be part of a success story and apply today. The position will be filled as the suitable candidate has been found. Click the Quick Apply button below to submit your information, CV and Resume.
For more information, you can contact the Head of Custom Analytics and Delivery Operations Juuso Karikoski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
- Flexible working hours
- Lunch benefit
- Healthcare plan
- Laptop / workstation of your choice
- International, open and customer-focused working culture
- A great opportunity to be part of an innovative, highly skilled team of professionals
Here’s why you should join our Software Development Team.
Whether it’s learning new technology, attending conferences or running research projects, self-development is strongly encouraged.
Have Your Say
We regularly discuss how to improve our coding practices, and everyone’s opinions matter. Have your say on conventions, technologies or architectures.
We are running an agile scrumban-like process with focus on cross team development and delivering usable features. We care about code quality and have a review process. Our stack is cloud-native.
The Company Is Cool
We have relaxed atmosphere and support remote working when possible. And we don’t insist on the idea of open space office.
Verto Analytics is a leading digital media measurement services provider. We cover the digital and hardware ecosystems across various platforms, and enable companies like EA and Cisco to access timely data on multi-screen consumer behavior through our business intelligence and analytics solutions. We operate in all major markets, and have teams in New York, San Francisco and Espoo.
Not seeing a job that matches your skills?
Send your CV and cover letter anyway.